• 501 Channels and 32 Groups
• 50 Watts VHF / 45 Watts UHF
• VHF: 134 – 174 MHz
• UHF: 380 – 450 MHz; 400 – 470 MHz; 450 – 512 MHz
• 5 Programmable Front Panel Keys
• 12-Character Alphanumeric Display
FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
The conventional VX-7200 Series meets APCO P25 standards for interoperability and is built with enhanced performance capabilities for dependable public safety and government communications.
P25 Digital Mode Capabilities:
Expanded Signaling -- Supports selective calling, Talk Group IDs (TGID), Network Access Codes, Individual ID lists and Paging Group lists for flexible communications.
Secure Communications -- Options available to support both Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) and Data Encryption Standard (DES) as required by APCO Project 25. Multiple encryption keys can be stored in the radio.
Mixed Mode -- Seamlessly switch between analog to P25 digital mode on each channel based on call type received and on programming for transmit.
Enhanced Voice Quality -- Featuring the AMBE+2™ Vocoder, get exceptional voice quality. Suppresses background noise and improves clarity of radio transmission.
Connectivity Assurance -- The RSSI indicator emits an audible alert when the receive signal strength drops to a level not suitable for reliable communications.
Additional P25 Mode Features:
• Caller ID display
• Network Access Code (NAC)
When Safety Counts
In P25 digital mode, the VX-7200 LED will flash a bright white alert when an emergency signal is received.
As with all Vertex Standard mobile radios, the VX-7200 includes built-in Emergency alert in any mode for enhanced safety. A panic button can be triggered from the front panel to alert the dispatcher when problems arise.
The VX-7200 also has an internal emergency microphone that can transmit should the regular microphone become unusable.
Convenient Calling Options
In analog mode, the VX-7200 provides 2-tone encode and multiple 2-tone decode to alert callers within a group, along with DTMF ANI and DTMF paging for additional calling options.
FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
Meets the FCC Part 90 requirement for using 12.5 kHz channels by January 1, 2013.
• 700 mW Audio Output
• Wide Band Coverage
• Field Programmable (VX-P829/P879)
• Scan Options: Basic, Priority, Dual Watch, Follow-Me, Follow-Me Dual Watch, Talk Around
• User Set Mode
• Public Address / Horn Alert
• Busy Channel Lock Out (BCLO)
• Time Out Timer (TOT)
• D-Sub 15 Pin Accessory Connector
• Radio-to-Radio Cloning
Additional Features (Analog Mode Only)
• CTCSS / DCS Encode and Decode
• MDC1200® Encode
• Busy Tone Lock Out (BTLO)
• Scan Options: Basic, Dual Watch, Follow-Me,Follow-Me Dual Watch
• User Selectable Tone
• Auto-Range Transpond System (ARTS™)
• Audio Pitch Control
• User Selectable Tone (w/LCD)
• MDC-1200® Encode (PTT ID, Emergency ID)
• 7-Color LED (2-Tone Mode)
• Radio-To-Radio Cloning